(Here’s a recap of the service and the songs we chose over the past weekends at Howick Baptist Church. You can find links to the set lists of this church and many other churches each week at theworshipcommunity.com. You can also read through previous HBC service recaps here.)
Order of Service AM (1 May 2011)
(leader: Joe Fleener)
Props to Joe for taking the church through the gathered worship, even with a nagging cough!
1. How Great is Our God – Chris Tomlin
Welcome/Notices/Pastoral Prayer – Peter
Mission Focus: For the start of the new month, we introduced Voice of the Martyrs, a ministry to the persecuted Church.
Scripture Reading – Psalms 26 and 27
2. Immortal, Invisible, God Only Wise
3. How Deep the Father’s Love for Us
4. Grace Unmeasured
Message: Let No One Despise Your Youth – 1 Tim 4:12 (Peter Somervell)
Order of Service AM (8 May 2011)
(leader: William Chong)
Scripture Reading – Psalm 28 and 29
1. A Mighty Fortress – Martin Luther
2. How Great Thou Art
3. Grace Greater than our Sin
4. Jesus Paid It All
The Lord’s Table
Music item: Consider Christ – Bryson Smith, Philip Percival. This was a song from Emu Music we tried for the first time. Mandy sang a beautiful solo and I gave a simple guitar accompaniment. Fantastic words that sum up what Christ has done for us, and is still doing to “transform, renew and change me”, and that we can respond in thankfulness.
Message: Do Not Neglect Your Gift – 1 Tim 4:14 (Peter Somervell)
5. Wonderful Merciful Saviour
Order of Service AM (15 May 2011)
(leader: Jon Scanlan)
Proud father of 4 Jon led the church in singing – it was a pretty busy Sunday morning so we sang four songs, all solid and well worth singing.
1. By Faith – Keith and Kristyn Getty, Stuart Townend. It’s still a bit low in the verses, after doing it all these times. Might have to make some parts in B flat instead of A in the near future.
A special guest from Myanmar, Dr Aung Mang spoke to us briefly.
Reading: Psalm 30
2. All I Have Is Christ – Devon Kauflin. We sang this right after watching a great video of it, set in the context of a persecuted Christian.
3. Salvation’s Song – Andrew Small, Stuart Townend.
Message – Fear Not, Stand Firm, and See the Salvation of the Lord – Exodus 3 to 14 (Joe Fleener)
4. Salvation Belongs to our God
– William Chong